Most of us look at health in terms of a balanced diet and regular exercise. Of course, these things are greatly important, but what about the products we are using on our bodies? Our skin is our largest organ and will absorb almost everything you put onto it. The average person lathers and sprays 10 different beauty products onto their skin every day. Unknowingly exposing themselves to a wide range of unnecessary chemicals, which eventually make their way into our bloodstream. Explore more knowledge about Natural Skin Care with Pritish Kumar Halder.
If you are in pursuit of a healthy lifestyle, choosing organic and natural skin care should be a priority.
Here are my top 3 reasons why:
- Better for your skin. Organic skin care is made with ingredients that meet the same standards as organic food. This means no harsh chemicals, pesticides, or fertilizers. Many chemical ingredients used as cheap fillers do more harm than good. Your skin might look brighter for a couple of weeks, but in the long run synthetic ingredients can cause irritation, increased sensitivity, and clogged pores. When you choose organic skin care, you are using ingredients that work in harmony with your body, allowing your skin to better balance and mend itself.
- Better for your health. Many conventional skin care products contain endocrine-disrupting chemicals such as phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and parabens. These known carcinogens can wreak havoc on the immune, reproductive, and endocrine systems. The more products you use, the higher toxic concentrations can enter and accumulate in your body causing problems down the line.
- Better for the environment. Organic skin care products begin with organic ingredients grown and produced using sustainable practices. Since there are no harsh chemicals in these products, there is significantly less waste and toxins going down the drain and back into the earth. When you choose organic beauty products you are not only doing wonders for your skin and internal health but also making a positive impact on our environment.
Role of diet
Before showing you the recipe for the best juice for skin complexion, let me start by telling you that diet plays a great role in the health of your skin. The path to healthy skin starts with a healthy diet. I’ve seen the effects myself and no acne cream or medicine can compete with the benefits a healthy diet will bring you.
If you want better-looking skin, you should keep in mind the following things:
- No more dairy! Limit your dairy intake or preferably give it all up! Studies have shown that increased dairy consumption can lead to acne in some people. (1) Personally, every time I eat cheese for more than 2 days in a row, I start seeing the effects. Pimples start to appear, my skin loses its glow and an outbreak is about to happen. It’s best to give up dairy for good, but if don’t want to, at least eat it just 2-3 times a month.
- No more sugar! Refined sugar does a great deal of damage not only to your skin but to your whole body as well! Replace refined white sugar with healthier sugar alternatives.
- No more white bread! It’s best to avoid all foods made with white flour. Choose the healthier options, made with whole-grain flour.
- Eat less processed foods. Cook whole meals. It may be more difficult at first, especially if you’re not used to cooking from scratch, but the benefits will not only include healthier skin, but also an overall healthier body!
- No fast food! This is pretty much self-explanatory. All that fat will show up on your skin as well.
Juices for glowing skin
How do juices help in making your skin glow? Most vegetables and fruits contain fiber and other essential nutrients that help flush out the toxins that affect your overall skin and hair health. They also consist of antioxidants that inhibit the growth and effect of free radicals in the body, which are responsible for damaging body cells. Applying kitchen ingredients on your skin may help for a shorter span, but intake of nutritious vegetable and fruit juices will help your skin glow from within. Local, seasonal fruits are the best bets for you, and make sure you purchase your fruits from a trusted vendor, fruits with pesticides are known to be very detrimental to health.
Beet & carrot juice
Carrot and beetroot juice Carrot and beetroot juice are one of the best elixirs in the bay and how. Beetroot is power-packed with essential nutrients including potassium, zinc, iron, folic acid, manganese, and vitamin C, all of which are known to purify blood that further leads to glowing skin. Carrot contains vitamin A which fights acne, wrinkles, pigmentation, and uneven skin tone. The juice is rich in fiber that eases bowel movement and excretion, thereby cleaning your stomach. (Also Read: Here’s Why You Should Drink Beetroot And Carrot Juice Every Day). For information please visit Pritish Kumar Halder ‘s page.
Cucumber juice while cucumber face packs may do wonders for your skin, cucumber juice may also help moisturize your skin, making it more elastic and glowing. The presence of ascorbic acid and caffeic acid helps prevent water retention which makes your skin look swollen and puffy. So load up on more cucumber juice to get the best results.
Fresh tomato juice
Tomato is packed with high concentrations of antioxidants that help in reducing the signs of premature aging like wrinkles and fine lines, making your skin look fresher and youthful. Tomatoes help in shrinking your pores, removing tan, and reducing sebum. Drinking a glass of tomato juice is one of the best juices for glowing skin.
Pomegranate can purify blood which further helps in nourishing your skin and making it glow. It also has anti-aging properties that help in cell renewal which leads to young and beautiful skin. A glass of pomegranate juice is exactly what you need to drink up daily!
Spinach juice green leafy vegetable juices may not taste delicious but they are extremely beneficial for your skin. Spinach juice is said to be rich in iron and vitamin K which is essential for getting flawless skin. These greens also contain vitamins C, E, and manganese which are antioxidants protecting your skin from damage-causing free radicals.
Juices for glowing skin: No wonder, an apple a day, keeps the doctor away Drink up these power-packed fruit and vegetable juices for perfectly glowing skin and boost your skin health naturally!