Back-end developers create, code, and improve the server, server-side applications, and databases that, when combined with front-end codes, help create a functional, seamless experience for the end-user. They study industry trends, create or improve back-end processes and codes, and work with others to design a better program.
In this article, Pritish Kumar Halder shares detailed knowledge of back-end developers.
File Name: Back-end developer – supportive engineer
Alt-Text: As a Back-end developer, they work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
As a Back-end developer, they work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Their work can involve developing database systems or working with other types of storage systems to secure information. Employment of Back-end developers is projected to grow 13 percent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Back-end Developer’s Interview: the Basics
In our digital world, nearly every company has a website or uses software and IT systems. This includes the core application logic, databases, data and application integration, API, and other processes taking place behind the scenes.
To succeed as a backend developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
Most employers require back-end developers to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a comparable subject. In some cases, employers may prefer applicants with a master’s degree. Back-end developers must have a high degree of technical knowledge and experience using database systems, programming languages, and programming platforms. Training in languages such as Python, familiarity with Oracle, knowledge of SQL Server, and experience using Unix may be required by employers.
List of Topics to Prepare
The level of the interview will directly depend on the experience you have, followed by your qualification and work skills. However, if the candidate is an experienced person, the process can tricky and technical to test the applicant’s true abilities. There are many concepts that the interviewer can question you about, it usually revolves around these topics:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a comparable subject
- a high degree of technical knowledge
- experience using database systems, programming languages, and programming platforms
- Training in languages such as Python, familiarity with Oracle, knowledge of SQL Server
- experience using Unix may be required
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Growth mindset, challenging status quo to find new solutions and out-of-the-box ideas
When interviewing for the Back-end developer’s interview position, your interviewer will ask questions to assess you’re performance in regional knowledge and experience. The answers you give can be a deciding factor in whether you receive a job offer.
File Name: Back-end developer – IT Farm
Alt-Text: Back-end developers must have a high degree of technical knowledge and experience using database systems, programming languages, and programming platforms.
Learn More about the Job
Anyone serious about landing a job or acing a Back-end developer’s job interview should have adequate knowledge about the concepts mentioned above. More importantly, the applicant should know what kind of company they are applying to and the nature of the job to prepare accordingly.
However, if you feel overwhelmed, get in touch with Pritish Kumar Halder to help you nail the interview. With his expertise in Back-end developer interview preparation, from core Back-end Developer interview questions to advanced Back-end Developer’s interview questions, you’ll have brilliant responses ready.
Get in touch with us today!
Composed by: Suma Sarker